We are developing the transferrable concept of a Learning Village in relation to a concrete location.
A Learning Village in our understanding is simultaneously a
- Multidimesional space for lifelong, lifewide and lifedeep learning
- Multi-institutional campus
- Cultural centre
- Innovation hub and incubator
- Ecovillage or -neighbourhood with high degree of food and energy self-sufficiency
- Site of future-oriented institutional experimentation
- Socially inclusive self-governed community
- Public park and recreational area
- Example of aesthetically appealing sustainable architecture
- Catalyst of regional sustainability transition
- Inspiring model of a “Community for the Future”
- … and potentially much more.
More information coming soon.